An ideal location for adventurers, hikers, bikers, skiers, fishing, nature lovers, families, small groups of adults on holiday, honeymooners young and old–a perfect all-season retreat.
- The Mountain Greenery Chalet, built in 2008, is on four acres of old growth trees within the great Tongass National Forest and the National Bald Eagle Preserve and just a short distance off of Haines Highway, which has been designated a National Scenic Byway. This family-owned chalet commands magnificent views of the surrounding “Sound of Music” mountains and distant snow-capped peaks.
- The two bedroom/two bath chalet with its three large windows in the great room and two large windows in the adjacent reading nook offer you stunning mountain views from its cozy interior while the large deck that stretches across the entire front of the chalet enables you to enjoy the outdoor grandeur of Alaska. Dependent upon composition of group, the chalet can sleep up to six with all bedding and towels provided. A fully equipped kitchen, comfortable furnishings, modern heating, plus a wood stove ensures relaxed harmony with the natural surroundings.
LOCATION… LOCATION… LOCATION
- Only 27 miles from the quaint town of Haines and the national historic site of Fort Seward, Mountain Greenery Chalet is also a short distance from local recreational activities that include fishing and river rafting on the Chilkat River, visit the North American Wildlife Park run by renowned animal trainer and filmmaker Steve Kroschel, also the historic Dalton Pass of the Gold Rush days, heliskiing headquarters with helicopter pad, the Bald Eagle Preserve with the largest eagle congregations in the country November through February, and the Yukon/Canadian border just 12 miles away.
- From Haines, take a ferry or small plane to Juneau, the state capital, and to Skagway with its historic White Pass & Yukon Route Railroad.
- The Mountain Greenery Chalet is available to rent for a 3 or more day period, a week or longer. Prices vary according to season with discounts for stays of a week or longer. For more information, please send an email with interested time period and size of group to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 941 720 3617.